Tuesday 15 April 2014

it's a Bug's Life!

I've been wanting to do this project for quite some time now, but orders and life in general have only allowed me to start this year!  My kids and I spend lots of very happy times at Creepy Crawlies (aka. The Web Adventure Park) in York and I thought it would be nice to give something back...



Using these fab bright paints from B&Q, I first painted the canvas (colours are Grasshopper & Foxy).  



I find no matter how careful I am with the masking tape I get some 'leaks' so I touch up by hand to give a perfect finish.



I gave the wooden letters several coats in Antique White (again from B&Q), sanding between coats.The letters were produced in Creepy Crawlies own 'font' which Infinite letters very kindly cut out for me (they are only too happy to bespoke orders if they can, so always worth asking if you don't see on their site!)


Then for the fun part of deciding what 'bugs' to use and where to position them...



Once I'd decided I placed all but one of the stickers on the canvas in place, double checked their positioning by placing the letters over the top.  When I was absolutely sure I sealed them in place with the ever fabulous Modge Podge.



Once dry, I could then attach the first letter which had to be in place to stick down the last 'bug'...



They get everywhere these bugs!  


Just love the 3D effect and can't wait to deliver to the guys at Creepy Crawlies, I know my boys are very excited!


Hope you all like, for more examples of my work just visit my website, Henry, Fred and Felicity,

Personalised, Bespoke, Unique...

Fay x



  




1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great project Fay - I'm sure everyone at Creepy Crawlies will be thrilled to bits to receive this (and I hope it has pride of place!). What a lovely gesture - thank you for sharing :) Helen x

    ReplyDelete